Friday, January 12, 2018

Rising Prices

It's all over the news - gas prices are going up because of the new tax reform law.  In fact, it's not just gasoline, it's also about prices of commodities, transportation fares, and other things.  It's a domino effect.
And in the news all you hear are consumers, leftist groups, drivers, and others complaining about the coming rise of prices of these commodities. I wonder why the news never report about people who are not complaining, or afraid, of the rising prices?  I have to admit...I'm one of those who are not anxious about what may or may not happen.  But it's not because I have the capacity to pay, or I'm all for the government's move to raise taxes.  No...there's another reason, a deeper reason.

I don't want to sound like I'm boasting.  At least not in myself, or in anything that I have.  I boast in something else...or, rather, in Someone else.

I have been holding on, and will still hold on to this promise of God in His Word:
Psalms 37:25-26 (NIV)
25I was young and now I am old, 
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken 
or their children begging bread.
26They are always generous and lend freely; 
their children will be blessed.
 By God's grace and faithfulness, these words have rung true in my life and in my family's life, ever since I went full time into ministry, became a Pastor, got married, raised three children...I have never seen God forsake us, or my children begging.  Yes, we have had our times of having just enough for a day or for a week, but still God showed us how He never forsook us.
This is WHO I boast in, and WHO I'm trusting in to take care of all our needs.
And this is a promise for ALL of us who believe in Christ and walk with Him in His ways.
So, for those of us who walk with our Savior and Lord, there is no need to be anxious or worried about "bad" news.  Because He will never forsake His own.
NEVER.  Believe with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment