Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A Taste of Honey

Honey is my new sugar.  For a while now I have stopped using sugar to sweeten my brewed coffee every morning.  I now use honey.  It wasn't for health reasons, I don't have high sugar count or anything like that.  I think it started when someone gave me a bottle of honey as a gift, tried it in my coffee, and ever since then I have not stopped using it.  Once in a while I take a tablespoon of it as an added boost of energy during the day.
When I take coffee in a coffee shop or restaurant my first instinct is to look for honey.  But because not all serve honey I settle for brown sugar, or muscovado.  But if honey is available then that's what I take.
If you "google" honey there are so many benefits that come with it.  I'm not that conscious about all the benefits, I just know that it is a lot better than sugar healthwise, and it tastes really good!
How can you resist something that both tastes good and is good for the health of our body?  It becomes something you enjoy, both for the taste and the benefit.


Proverbs 24:13-14 (NIV)
13Eat honey, my son, for it is good;
honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.
14Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul;
if you find it, there is a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.


 In the same way God's wisdom is good.  It not only "tastes" good, but it is healthy for the soul.  The thing is we have been used to the sweet things that the world has to offer, not realizing that what God offers is better.
As the psalmist says - wisdom is sweet to the soul.  For a Christian, when the Spirit brings God's word of wisdom to our hearts it is sweet.  To someone who isn't walking with the Lord that wisdom may not be sweet at all...it may be nonsense to him.  But to someone who loves the Lord and walks with Him, wisdom is so sweet we look for it everyday!
And when we find it, there is a future hope for us!  Why?  It's wisdom.  It's God's wisdom.
The wisdom of the world offers temporary hope, but eventually it bites us in the behind and leaves us hopeless.
God's wisdom is for eternity.

So will you settle for the "sugar" the world offers, or will you eat of the honey that comes from God, His wisdom for your soul?
Take it daily.  It's healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment