Saturday, May 7, 2011

Anything can happen

I got this breaking news from ANC alerts in facebook:  RT @BreakingNews: Indonesia plane crash update: Everyone on board killed on impact, Antara news agency reports - BNO News

Wow, and I had just arrived from a trip to Cebu by plane last night!  My thanksgiving to the Lord for a safe trip became real.  I’m in my home, safe, all because my Lord protected me, and my wife, in our trip.  I heard there are families who do not travel together, just in case something happens, at least there will be one batch of the family intact.  But, you can never tell.  All I know is that every time I travel, by plane, car, or walking, I always seek God’s protection.

Anything can happen, anytime, anywhere, where and when it’s least expected.  Don’t mean to scare anyone who’s about to travel.  But every time I fly I always sit in awe and wonder how a very, very heavy airplane can stay up in the air, relying only upon two or three jet engines on its wings, making sure that it’s flying at the right speed.  I mean…anytime one of those engines could malfunction, or the pilot can make a wrong judgment about something, or…

I don’t want to say anymore…I’m scheduled to fly back to Cebu this coming July!  But, in reality, whether we’re on a plane, driving a car, walking in the sidewalk, asleep in our beds, or kneeling down and praying – anything can happen, anytime, anywhere.

Just shows us how we need to be prepared in our hearts for a time like this.  There is life after death.  Our life today is preparation for this.  What we decide today will tell what will happen after our death. 

Psalm 90:9  All our days pass away under your wrath; we finish our years with a moan.
Psalm 90:10  The length of our days is seventy years-- or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

Psalm 90:12  Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

And there is one wise decision that we should make, just to be sure:

Acts 16:30  He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
Acts 16:31  They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

No comments:

Post a Comment