Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Exhausted, Giving Our All

During my prayer time this morning I read a couple of passages that the Lord used to check the quality of time that I gave Him in prayer.  All I can say is “ouch”.  Let me share them with you.

Isa 43:22  "Yet you have not called upon me, O Jacob, you have not wearied yourselves for me, O Israel.

Wearied means “exhausted”.  Do we exhaust ourselves for the Lord?  No, not in ministry, but in prayer.  Is our prayer time a time where we weary ourselves before Him, seeking Him – His presence, His fellowship, His will?

Another passage brought to my attention was this:

Mark 14:3  While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.

Here was a woman, with an expensive alabaster jar of expensive perfume, pure.  Verse 5 tells us it was worth a year’s wages!  And yet she broke the jar and poured all the perfume on our Lord’s head.  That was how much the Lord was worth – everything she could give.

She spent so much, gave so much, for the Lord.  Worship at its best.  No, not at it’s best…worship as it should be.  There is no other worship that God accepts.

Wearied.  Giving the best, giving our all.  Does this describe the worship, the prayer time, that we bring to the Lord?  Does this describe what we offer to the Lord, what we believe He is deserving of?

No comments:

Post a Comment