Friday, April 8, 2011

Coincidence? No such thing.

Coincidence. The “Word Web” dictionary defines it as:  An event that might have been arranged although it was really accidental.  I don’t believe in coincidence.  Things that happen that seem to be coincidence are actually events that might have been accidental although it was really arranged – by God.

Yesterday, Friday, I received an alert in my cell phone that there was a fire in the Pao de Arco complex sometime in the afternoon.  I was home at the time, and when I received the alert my heart jumped!  Why, you may ask?  At that same moment, more or less, I was scheduled to speak to the employees of Pao de Arco in their regular gathering for Bible study.  It was supposed to be Friday afternoon.  For some reason it was postponed to another day.

Coincidence?  When you believe in a God who is Sovereign over your life, who guards you day by day, moment by moment, you don’t believe in coincidence.  Everything that happens in our life is orchestrated and planned by our Lord Himself.

Prov 16:9  In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Psa 91:14  "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
Psa 91:15  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
Psa 91:16  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

If our total trust is in the Lord, every appointment, every circumstance, whether seemingly good or bad (notice the word “seemingly” – we need to be careful not to be fooled by how circumstances look), is in His hands.  And if our life has been entrusted to Him, if we belong to Him, He has our life in His control.

Rom 8:28  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I thank God for His protection upon me and those who were supposed to attend the Bible study in Pao de Arco.  He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment