Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Being Very Careful

How careful are we today with this covid-19 virus situation we are in.  I remember at first that I wasn't that careful in the beginning.  At first I believed the news that only patients who were sick should wear a mask, and that we should just practice social distancing.  And then I heard about a man, so much younger than I am, infected with the virus.  Then I became extra careful!  I started wearing a mask all the time, washed my hands with a sanitizer when I went back to the car, and washed it again when I reached home.  I even had one instance when I let my guard down, and spent time with someone and I wasn't wearing a mask!  When I got into the car I quickly washed my hand (and even face! That's how afraid I was), and when I went home I took a bath!
These are really times of being very, very, careful with regards to where we go, what we touch, who we are with, because we don't know where this virus could be.
I saw a news report that suggested that even the groceries we buy should be sanitized first before we bring them in the house! 
And, just a little cough makes us wonder if that's a sign we have the virus.

Wow, talk about being very, very, careful because of this virus.  It's affected all of us.  And we must, if we are to avoid being infected by it.

It made me wonder - are we Christians this careful with regards to sin?

Ephesians 5:15-17  Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise,  (16)  making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  (17)  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

Be very careful how we live.
If only every believer would be very careful how we live, what a blessing this would be!  
We would be wearing "masks" to guard our mouths from speaking words that are hurtful, deceitful, immoral.
We would wear "gloves" to make sure that we do not touch any sin, commit sin in our life.
We would watch who we are with, where we are, to make sure that we are not contaminated with the world, that no "droplets" of sin would hit us.
We would "leave our shoes and clothes" outside their homes, make sure that nothing happens inside their homes that is not contaminated with sin!
We would be conscious of every little "cough", wondering if we had sinned against our God.

Are we being very, very, careful with our lives as Christians?  Here is an ever present consciousness that we must have as disciples of Christ.  This is how we should be walking all the days of our lives!

This "lockdown" could be the best time for us to not just be very careful about a virus, but for us to pray and ask the Lord to make us very careful with regards to our life, to any sin, that may have contaminated us, and seek God's protection as we go through our lives everyday.

Psalms 1:1-2  Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.  (2)  But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.

We are to be very careful that we do not walk in the counsel of the wicked, that we do not stand in the way of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers.
Our "mask", our protection, is God's Word, the law of the Lord, guarding us from the virus of sin in our lives.

Let's all be very, very, careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment