Thursday, November 30, 2017

Go ahead...make my day

Just a little note about the change of photo in my blog site:
One of my favorite movie detective characters in the 70's-80's was portrayed by Clint Eastwood - Inspector Callahan, whose most well known line was "Go ahead...make my day".  Some of you who know the Dirty Harry series of movies will know what I mean.

What makes my day?  Well, the new photo I placed in my blog site says it all - God's Word, a mug (not just a cup, hehe) of coffee, and a view of the mountains.  And that is in the right order.
There is nothing like a freshly brewed coffee in the morning that just makes my day.  Something is just missing when I continue the day without having that one mug of coffee in the morning.
And, for me, there is nothing like being in the mountains.  Now, since I don't always have the time to enjoy being in the mountains, a nice view of the mountains will do.  Everyday, on my way home, the road that leads to the subdivision I live in has a beautiful view of Mount Kanlaon.  And even if it's just for a short time, I enjoy that view of the mountains, and pray for a time when I'll be able to go there again.

But there is nothing that makes my day than a moment of spending time with God and His Word.  It may not be hours, but just the time spent in recognizing who He is in my life, reading His Word and praying that the Holy Spirit may teach and guide me through it, and pouring out my heart to Him in prayer...all that is enough to really make my day.
I may begin a day without coffee, and I may have a nice view of the moutnains...but if I begin a day without God and His Word my day is shot.

I pray God and His word make your day too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment